If you permanently have a new puppy, You Might Be A Redneck. -Jeff Foxworthy, Jeff Foxworthy’s You Might Be A Redneck If… 2017 Calendar, Wednesday, February 22, 2017 joke of the day.
Universal Social Squad:
It’s been exactly three months since the last Saturday blog. Allow me to speed things up, starting with the bad news:
- I got fined $16.99 in outstanding library fines.
- I forgot to put my portion of the light bill on there this month, due to book buying excitement.
- That excitement turned into part happy, part disappointed: Happy because my Lunar Chronicles came in 2 separate days, disappointed because I got refunded my $50 because the supply ran out. Now I have to go save 4-5 weeks of $20 each in order to get my 2013 Special Edition Harry Potter box set in paperback on either eBay or Amazon, and that sucks for me to do it, but I fucking might as well everytime I get money until I reach either $80 or $100 to foot the bill for the third time in a row, which will be the rabbit’s charm. Until then, I can’t do anything today, due to cell phone bill pay….either that or get the shit cut off.
- No digital cameras in my possession anymore. I hope my mom keeps her Xmas promise, because, if not, I’m going to have to save a lot more for a new digital camera. Had she said the Sony was NOT for sale, then I wouldn’t be writing this, would I? All I have is a Sony 16 GB SD card to show for the sale. *sigh*.
- Last, but not least, my free time is dwindling away and so are my chances to have anything to myself, like I said [look at no. 4, idiot]. These old people are fucking lucky I’m their roommate/daughter and not Moses from Ye Olde Testamente. Very fucking lucky. A woman can dream, can’t I? I’m trying very hard to type this, but, damn.
Now, the good news:
- My food stamps are now $194/month.
- My copy of the Lunar Chronicles series books [pictured above] came in on Wednesday [Stars Above] via UPS + eBay and yesterday [Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, Winter] via USPS + Amazon. I can’t wait for my copy of the graphic novel, Wires and Nerve.
- I got to buy the special event season of The X-Files, the second, third, and fourth seasons of Lost, Peter Jackson’s King Kong + Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror on PlayStation 2, the 40th anniversary edition of Mary Poppins, + Blade on DVD at the pawn shop today. (Just when I thought one season will do, 4 is way better!) I want to binge watch Lost right now to ignore the old people arguing over who did what. Only God can judge us. We can’t judge each other. The only drawback to this: Who wants to pay my cell phone bill, yo?
- My SSI is reinstated, as of last month. I forgot to tell you this earlier.
- Last, but never least, I would like to say that, depending on circumstances….I might do reviews on my blog, this one, at least. I haven’t figured out the details yet, but, as soon as I get this on the green light, I’ll be able to tell you my system of ratings, depending on what I’m watching, listening to, or reading at the moment.
These past few weeks have been hard on my parents/roommates. It’s just my mom’s paranoia that doesn’t get me anymore. I’m not paranoid myself, but I just talk to myself in public to remember what the hell I really need to do in the next few days. It’s totally normal to do so, really. In your head or in public, self-talk is beneficial. Trust me on this. I really hope things look up for Mom and Pops, so please pray for me. The probability of writing another part of today’s blog is highly unlikely, but, maybe, just maybe, if I get myself motivated enough to walk more often, then I’ll be able to write more blog posts like this one. I hope to write an update on this blog post, and soon. I’ll write tonight or tomorrow.